The Laiderman Law Firm, P.C. is well-versed on business law, advising our clients on all aspects of business by assisting both new and more seasoned entrepreneurs in the beginning stages of creating a business, guiding them through the startup procedures including creating the appropriate business entity, developing agreements with necessary suppliers, establishing agreements with co-owners and structuring protocol for customer relations. Our business clientele represent a diverse range of businesses across the region.
Business Law Services
Building a strong business begins with the development of a solid business plan. Our business law attorneys help business owners navigate through the necessary steps in forming business entities and developing business strategies that will prepare them for a successful business venture. The first key to any business startup is selecting the appropriate entity type and jurisdiction.
- C-corporation formation
- S-corporation formation
- Limited Liability Company (LLC) formation
- Partnership formation (including Limited Partnerships)
- Stock Purchases
- Asset Purchases
- Joint Ventures
Along with advising clients on the proper entity for their business venture, we also assist the business owners in drafting necessary documents for their business such as operating agreements, shareholder agreements, or partnership agreements when necessary for the formation process of their business.
Navigating Buying/Selling Businesses
Buying and/or selling a business is a complicated, multi-step process. Our firm helps business owners navigate the process by:
- Providing guidance on the structure of the transaction
- Negotiating the terms and drafting letters of intent
- Advising sellers on legal strategies to address any concerns raised during the due diligence process
- Advising buyers on the procedures for legal due diligence
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating the extensive documentation involved in a business transaction, such as asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, promissory notes, employment agreements, consulting agreements, and security agreements.
Even seasoned business owners need to have legal contracts drafted and reviewed from time to time. Our firm provides business owners with the guidance that they need to draft, review, and negotiate various business documents, such as:
- Buy-sell Agreements
- Lease Agreements
- Service Contracts
- Releases and Waivers
- Property Agreements
- Shareholder Agreements
- Operating Agreements
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.
The Laiderman Law Firm, P.C. assists clients with Estate planning, Wills and Trusts, Elder Law, Medicaid Planning in Missouri, VA Pension, Long Term Care Planning, Probate and Estate Administration, Special Needs Planning, Business Law and Real Estate Law. Serving clients in Missouri and Illinois primarily in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, St. Charles County, Jefferson County, Franklin County , Madison County and St. Clair County.